Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Growth.

Hello to all of my favourite people out there - that's you! It's been a while since my last post and that's because I've been keeping myself extremely busy! This is a good thing...! 

Today I'm going to talk about growth. I  think it's important to have the insight and ability to recognize when you are moving forward in your life so as to better prevent you from falling back into a rut that you may have once found yourself in. For me, that rut was easy to see. I had no job, I didn't have much of a social life, I didn't do anything productive in the run of a day. Being a Mom was the only purpose (or so I felt) to my life. Don't get me wrong, being a Mom is my favourite thing about myself! But you don't have to narrow your identity down to being or doing just one thing. The ONLY thing that made me happy was Kale. Now he makes me happy as well as the other things I'm involved with in my life. It's not fair (to him) to have all of my happiness put in the hands of one 5 year-old boy. 

Let's see, since my last post, I started working. I work at the (previously mentioned) call center, still. I receive calls from customers that have cable/internet/telephone services and I work in the "billing department." It has both it's good and (sometimes) not so good days but the not so good one's are far less than the good ones. I really enjoy it. I have the ability to talk to at least 50 new people in the run of a day and with the click of a mouse, I can make a difference in how their day is going. It's a really good feeling. So the job is great! I work 40 hours a week and they even worked with me on a schedule that works for me, being a Mom and all. I have also made some really great friends since starting work. Because I'm not lazy or unmotivated anymore, I am able to manage my time and make time for those friends and it's very rewarding. I still have friends I'd like to see more, but I'm getting there. One step at a time! I also started boxing! So I go to boxing anywhere from 1-3 times a week (depending on the week) and I am super proud to say that I have never felt better, physically. It's so much fun! So like I said, keeping busy! 


I don't just want to talk about growth in the figurative sense but also in the literal sense. Like MY GOSH - Faithy was 3 months old 2 weeks ago! Did I just say that?! I still get pictures every single day, sometimes 2 and 3, sometimes videos too! Certainly whenever I ask for them and even when I don't. I know I say it every time but seriously, how fortunate am I?! She is advanced for her age. She has on point hand-eye coordination and is even in the 80th percentile for her age/gender. She's a big, smart, beautiful baby girl and I am the world's happiest/luckiest Birth Mom! Speaking of growing, Kale started attending preschool for a few more afternoons a week than he was previously but my little social butterfly loves that. He is a people person and I'm happy when he's happy. Hard to believe in just 5 months, my baby boy will be moving on to "real school" and getting involved with more big-kid like things. I don't even want to think about this! When I picked him up today, his "teacher" at preschool handed me a folder with pictures that Kale had drawn along with a little story he wrote. So he came up with a little story and illustrated it accordingly. Man I was impressed! I am so proud of Kale. Not only is he smart as a whip but he is compassionate, funny, polite... I could go on forever. He also started swimming lessons. He is in the beginner level but where else would anyone start? He is getting more confident in and around water and that's the first step! Again, I'm a proud Mom.

I haven't been receiving many questions as of late but I want everyone to know that I am still, and always will be a completely open book! I am more than happy to share my experiences with anyone who wants to know and feel that my experiences and me telling my story can only help. I just want everyone to know that you have the ability to pick up all of the broken  pieces that maybe, once were your life and steadily and successfully put them back together if you believe in yourself. You can grow. You can move forward and all it takes is you knowing that you weren't meant to be unhappy. You weren't put here on Earth to just survive. You're meant to make a difference and contribute in some way. We're all different and we all have different paths but you have to believe in yourself and your growth to get on the path you're meant to be on. I'm on the right path now, I'm not at the end but I hope to never be! I don't believe there is an end! I believe we just keep traipsing along this path, tripping on the occasional branch that gets in our way and just keep moving forward; growing. 


So that's it for my thoughts today. It's been long enough and if I didn't get it all out sooner than later, I'd (hopefully) have too much to tell when the next post comes along! Hehe

Of course I'm going to end this with a picture of the beautiful baby girl that has made a difference in so many people's lives, including my own. Having Faith gave me the determination to want to do better for myself and Kale keeps me motivated to keep on going. It's pretty great actually.

Thank you to Little Dolly's Mommy and Daddy for this picture <3






2 comments:

  1. Did you ever worry that once you went through with adoption, CAS would want to apprehend your son as well? am a mother of a 1.5 year old and 2.5 year old.. I just found out I'm pregnant.. Abortion is not an option.. I know that I cannot financially support a third child, nor can I emotionally handle a third child.. Adoption feels like the best option for me.. I know it's not going to be an easy decision, but it is the best.. I'm just afraid that CAS will find me unfit because of my decision to place this third baby for adoption and will try and apprehend my other two

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry I did not see this comment until now.
      Jacqueline, no! CAS would never involve themselves in such a matter! Rest assured. By making such a brave decision as adoption, you are in fact proving to be more fit as a parent because not only are you thinking of the baby in your belly but you are thinking of your 2 children's needs whom you already have ♡
      I sincerely hope this worked out for you. ♡

      Delete